Everybody may be running for mayor, but there is nobody like me — Thom Gunn.
I’m so old that I can remember these words next to city hall:
“WHERE THERE IS NO VISION, THE PEOPLE WILL PERISH.”
I’m so old I can remember when there were no gladiators in a kingdome — but there were Kings in Elliott Bay.
When I warned Seattle’s establishment what was coming they thought I was crazy. & Were too dazzled by fame/money to prepare. Once again, the establishment candidates for mayor act blind. They bleat homelessness is the problem. Nope. Just a symptom. It’s the growth, stupid.
They need to read and travel more. To learn that Flynt, Michigan was once a paradise praised by Tocqueville. & also became America’s fastest growing city.
Seattle needs a new top ten list.
- Rule One — Growth pays for its Impacts.
- Better Idea One: Aerial gondolas, built in 14 months, could move 100,000’s of ppd, pay for themselves in 2 years. And what views!
- A bullet train from Vancouver to Portland.
- Homelessness? Permanent CCC camps.
- Public housing? Approved by neighborhoods
- Salmon and Forests? Restoration
- Guns? No Carrying
- Tuition — in return for community service.
- I’ll be a mayor you can see and talk to
- But Most Of ALL:
MAKE SEATTLE THE CAPITOL OF A REGIONAL ECOTOPIA
YEP, USE our money, fame, brains and billionaires to become an example of how we, our children and grandchildren can survive this century. (And thrive to 2062 for Century 22.)
“Thom, we need your vision of a sustainable future.”
And I need your help. Friend, call, contribute.